Wednesday 11 June 2014

DIY: FLOWER POT FOOT PRINT ART


Yesterday I went out and gathered the supplies to make the very popular butterfly foot print art.  I've seen it all over Pinterest and decided to give it a try.  I bought some cute clay pots, acrylic paint from the dollar store and rushed home to start our first art project.

I don't think I need to do a step by step tutorial for this project, it's pretty straight forward.  Check out Pinterest if you do want to see a step by step process.  

I do have a few tips though:

1. Don't gob the paint on baby's foot:  I learned this the hard way.  It's hard enough to get a nice foot print when baby is moving their toes around, squishing the paint between their toes.  Using just a thin layer on their foot decreases the chances of having their foot slip and getting a smudged print.

2. Use a Bumbo: This was great!  Oliver loves sitting in his bumbo so having his legs nice a still really helped with getting a nicer print.  


This was our first attempt at ANY project/craft together, it may not be perfect but I absolutely love it! It adds a personal family touch to our home and I got to plant cute little flowers in them!




No comments:

Post a Comment